Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ever think about what you want to be when you grow up?

Ever think about what you want to be when you grow up?
I do. Of course, I am grown up. In today's society, when jobs change (or may be subject to change at any minute), it is always a legitimate question, no matter how old (or young you are.)
I took my oldest with me to work for "Take your son/ daughter to work day" last week. It was neat to be able to show her "what Mommy does". I want my children to understand all the opportunities that still exist in our society and to inspire them in school. Okay, I teach so it is really important to me.
With this in mind, I received an interesting email encouraging continued education recently.
It lists 10 hot IT skills in 2009. So for any of you searching for what you want to be when you grow up, how to reinvent yourself, or just want some direction for continuing education, click on the link above for the full article.

A quick list is:
1. Virtualization
2. Web 2.0
3. Networking/Windows Administration
4. ITIL: The Information Technology Infrastructure Library
5. IT Architect/Project Management
6. IT Security
7. Wireless
8. Telecommunications
9. Programming Languages (C, C++, C)
10. Business Skills:

No comments:

Post a Comment